Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Star Wars

If you have been reading my blog, you know that I am almost thirty years old. So, if you do the math, you can infer that I was born in 1978. Which means I grew-up with Star Wars. Which also means it is imprinted on my very being. Which, you might say, means I am a geek.

I clearly remember going to the theater in 1983 to see Return of the Jedi with my parents. At that age, I found George Lucas' galaxy to be absolutely fascinating. And, I believe it has only captivated me further as time marches on. Just ask The Wife!

Why am I telling you this? Not only do I wear my fandom proudly, but my excitement has spiked. Lucasfilm released an announcement today that Star Wars is returning to theaters with the new computer-animated Clone Wars. So, mark your calendars for Friday, August 15th. Furthermore, once we've seen the cinematic debut, we can enjoy it each week as a 30-minute program set to air on TNT.

But, the best part is, this time around, I get to share it with The Boy.

No comments: