Friday, February 8, 2008

Exposition

Greetings!

You may be asking yourself why I am here.

My wife has a fantastic blog and, in reading it each day, I have decided to take up the hobby myself.

You may be asking yourself why I call myself "The Man."

I promise it is not conceit. That is how my wife refers to me in her blog. I find it rather flattering so I adopted it as my blogger alias. Just so you are in-the-know, she refers to our son as "The Boy," a grand tradition I will continue here, and I will hereby refer to her as "The Wife."

You may be asking yourself what is the meaning behind the phrase, "Almost 100."

The Boy is rather excited about my birthday, which is less than two months away, because I will be turning thirty. Much more excited than I am. He tells anyone who will listen, "My dad's gonna be thirty!" Anyway, one day while we were driving, the following conversation happened ...

"Dad, you're SO old."

"No, I'm not! I'm almost thirty!"

"I know. And thirty is almost one hundred!"

So, there you have it. He's pushing me into the grave already.

You may be asking yourself what kind of things I will be writing about.

I probably will not be as focused and disciplined as The Wife. Each post will simply be how I feel about my life at that particular moment. I am quite sure you will find reoccurring themes such as family, work and music. After all, that is mostly what each day consists of for me.

Enjoy!

No comments: